Monday, June 20, 2005

Party Time

Party on Saturday night at B&S's place. "Shut Up" Chick was there, since B&S are our mutual friends. I managed to avoid her -- and her Mean Girl Crony -- all night, though I felt like a child doing so. But the fact was I simply didn't feel like talking to her. I didn't feel like being friendly given our last words. And I knew that when she and Mean Girl Crony get together, the bitchiness quickly soars to intolerable levels. (It means something when the first visual image conjured up by Mean Girl Crony's name is one of her holding up her hand while spouting a dismissive "Whatever.").

On the plus side, lots of good beer and lots of great food. And two cute guys to flirt with. One was clearly straight (he was there with his ex-girlfriend for Pete's sake) and quite intoxicated, and yet seemed strangely flirty despite the girlfriend thing. (I knew that one wasn't going to go anywhere.) The second guy was older and, while slightly ambiguous in terms of his sexuality, definitely took better to the flirting. However, he left without our exchanging digits. So I'm having B&S play mensch for me.

2 comments:

Dennis! said...

I don't predict an apology at any point soon. If she at all noticed that I didn't talk to her on Saturday, she won't care. It hasn't bugged her too much that we'd already lost contact for months before this....

Gay vague is the new black, baby.

Steve said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Gay Vague! I'm running into that more and more, and I find it quite distressing. Kinda fun, but distressing, at the same time. Oh, and ignore the bitch. If she doesn't come around and apologize, it's her loss.