Friday, June 10, 2005

Account Numbers

Know what else I realize I hate? (Lately I've been kinda hatin' a lot.)

My new pet peeve: when you call up a customer service line -- like, say, that 800 number on the back of your credit card -- and you get an automated response that says, "Please enter your account number now." So you type in your 16-digit account number, even though you know you want to speak to a representative and your issue won't be resolved purely through an automated voice. Then you keep hitting "0" to get through to a live person, and when you do, the first thing you're hit with is "Hi, thank you for calling. Can I have your account number please?" Hello! Why do you make me type in the whole damn thing if I'm just going to repeat it to you anyway?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! The best is when the reception on your cell phone blips and it so it doesn't read all of your number and then you have to enter it again.

So fun.

Modigliani said...

T H A N K Y O U ! ! !

I hate that! WTF... I've already wasted enough time punching (or now, saying) in numbers and waiting for the sweet sappy voice to quit telling me "I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Please repeat what you said." ... all the while I'm like "I said, the f**king number is blahlblahblah!" ... argh!

anne said...

Right on the button (does that qualify as a pun?).