Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Still Shakin'

A surprisingly large number of people visit this blog as the result of a Google search for the lyrics to the unedited version of Kelis' "Milkshake" song. I don't know those lyrics. I don't even like the song all that much. And yet it's annoyingly catchy.

[Completely unrelated: It unnerves that anyone would actually run this search to begin with, let alone find my blog through it. Okay, I know there's a legitimate controversy, but the phrasing of that particular set of search terms skeeves me out.]

Eartha Kitt was in town this weekend. I had no idea she was still alive, let alone performing. Some friends wanted to go see it, but we missed the chance to buy tickets. Other friends actually went. As a result of hearing her name so much, I have a different song stuck in my head:

From the moment you walked in the joint
I could tell you were a man of distinction, a real big spender!
Good looking, so refined
Wouldn't you like to know what's going on in my mind?
So let me get right to the point:
I don't pop my cork for every guy I see.
Hey Big Spender!
Speeeeeend a little time with me.


The worst part about it is, I don't think Eartha Kitt is the actual artist who sings that song to begin with.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Thanks for the comment and the link, Dennis! And yeah, I completely agree on that search...that's just wrong.