Thursday, March 10, 2005

Anonymity

A good friend of mine from high school came to town to visit recently. We hung out for several nights of his visit; it was really quite nice to see him again. At some point over dinner I mentioned "my blog". Uh, oops.

"You have a blog? You have to give me the URL! I wanna read it!"

"Uh... no."

"No?"

"Yeah... I don't want my friends reading my blog. Seriously."

Thankfully, I don't think he was hurt by my refusal to disclose the URL of this blog, because he's just that kind of guy. And I really don't think he's the kind of guy who will actually go out of his way looking for it now that I've told him I'd rather not have my friends reading it.

And thankfully, I just did a search on "Dennis blog" and, although my blogspot profile does appear on page 2, it's rather inconspicuous, and there's ample interference on page one to lead anyone to believe that this will be a needle in a haystack.

I just don't want to have to censor myself if I talk about my friends, you know?

Previous thoughts on this topic: Click here. Great, I'm so unoriginal, I'm even plagiarizing myself now.

No comments: