Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Kind of Hate to Ask It, but Do You Have a Basket?

Random conversation with me and my co-worker earlier this week:

Co-worker: I wish this week would end already!
Me: (singing) I wish to go to the FEST-ival!
Co-worker: You are so gay. What is that from? Like, Rent or something?
Me: No! It's from Into the Woods.

[about thirty seconds later]

Co-worker: You know what play I really enjoyed? Into the Woods. Have you seen that?
Me: Uh... it's the play I just brought up like thirty seconds ago.
Co-worker: Wow. Somehow I totally missed that.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Mwahahahahahaaahha. :)

Anonymous said...

That's not as obnoxious as the other memory loss scenario.

"What's the name of that movie with Billy Bob Thornton? You knw, the one where he's like retarded and he becomes friends with a little kid?"

"That's Sling Blade."

"No... but that's close. I think John Ritter is in it, too."

"Dude, that's Sling Blade!"

"Hang on, it'll come to me in a second. Dwight Yoakem was in it too, I think?"

"It's F*CKING SLING BLADE!!!"

JordanBaker said...

I'm such a whore for an Into the Woods reference.

Dennis! said...

Rene: That is freaking hilarious.

JB: Wow, you're easy. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL, wow. They really are dense.