Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Dance



Everyone seems pretty confident Democrats will be taking over the House as well as the Senate.



I've been giddily skipping around my office all day.

***

On a sadder note, gay marriage bans passed in three more jurisdictions. This saddens me because it says that even while Democrats were getting to the polls and casting their votes to defeat Republicans, these same Democrats are voting at their polling places against gay marriage. I tell ya, if we can't get Democrats' minds past the "icky" factor of gay marriage, then there's no way we're going to get Republicans to support the idea. And thus, gay men and women will forever be denied full and equal participation in this society.

***

Still, on balance, control of Congress makes me happy.

No comments: